USAT BIG Announcements

TWO big things happening in world of USAT right now, at least as far as I'm concerned... 1) My teammate is a fucking rockstar + she&#...

TWO big things happening in world of USAT right now, at least as far as I'm concerned...

1) My teammate is a fucking rockstar + she's now podcast famous!

Kirsten was recently named the Women's Master's Duathlete of the Year. Seriously a cool honor.

To celebrate, Eric Schwartz over at Duathlon.com interviewed Kirsten about her preparations for Nationals and World Duathlon Championships. You can check it out over here! (or directly here: Podcast #10: Preparing for Duathlon Nationals & World Championships)




2) I've been invited to join Team USA at Duathlon Worlds in Adelaide!

Seriously happy to announce that I've been invited by USAT to compete in this year's World Championships in Adelaide this October. Apparently, I did well enough over the course of last year that despite not attending Nationals, I still managed to qualify through the rankings system! I'm stoked, humbled, scared, and happy all at once!

I have no idea if I'll be able to go or not. It seems like a pipe dream, but I just happen to have a friend down under (thanks Maddie!), and if I can just defray the cost of a plane ticket, plus the official Team USA kit, plus registration fees, plus travel expenses... there's a chance I can actually do this! Seriously, how often does a person ever get a chance to visit Austrailia?!

So I'm gonna go for it. I've submitted my deposit and selected the sprint distance as my target event. Fingers crossed. If you know of any sponsors willing to donate to my cause, holler!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images